A list of everything that is published regarding BENTHIS.
All results are available as PDF by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Batsleer J, Rijnsdorp, A.D., Hamon KG, van Overzee HMJ, Poos JJ. 2016. Mixed fisheries management: Is the ban on discarding likely to promote more selective and fuel efficient fishing in the Dutch flatfish fishery? Fisheries Research 174:118-128
- Brčić, J., Herrmann, B., Sala, A., 2016. Can a square-mesh panel inserted in front of the codend improve the exploitation pattern in Mediterranean bottom trawl fisheries? Fisheries Research, 183: 13-18.
- Buhl-Mortensen L, Ellingsen KE, Buhl-Mortensen P, Skaar KL, Gonzalez-Mirelis G (2016). Trawling disturbance on megabenthos and sediment in the Barents Sea: chronic effects on density, diversity, and composition. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 73 (Suppl. 1): 98-114.
- Buhl-Mortensen L, Neat F, Koen-Alonso M, Hvingel C, Holte B. (2016) Fishing impacts on benthic ecosystems: an introduction to the 2014 ICES symposium special issue. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 73 (Suppl.1): 1-4.
- Collie, J., Hiddink, J.G., Kooten, T.van., Rijnsdorp, A.D., Kaiser, M.J., Jennings, S, Hilborn, R. (2016). Indirect Effects of Bottom Fishing on the Productivity of Marine Fish. Fish and Fisheries.
- Depestele J., Ivanovic A., Degrendele K., Esmaeili M., Polet H., Roche M., Summerbell K., Teal L.R., Vanelslander B., O'Neill F.G. (2016) Measuring and assessing the physical impact of beam trawling. ICES Journal of Marine Science 73, i15-i26.
- Depestele J., Rochet M.J., Dorémus G., Laffargue P., Stienen E.W.M. (2016) Favorites and leftovers on the menu of scavenging seabirds: modelling spatiotemporal variation in discard consumption. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1-14.
- Eigaard O.R., Bastardie F., Hintzen N., Buhl-Mortensen L., Buhl-Mortensen P., Catarino R., Dinesen G.E., et al., 2016b. Benthic impact of fisheries in European waters: the distribution and intensity of bottom trawling. ICES Journal of Marine Science.
- Eigaard, O.R., Bastardie, F., Breen, M., Dinesen, G.E., Hintzen, N.T., Laffargue, P., Nielsen, J.R., Nilsson, H., O’Neil, F., Polet, H., Reid, D.G., Sala, A., Sköld, M., Smith, C., Sørensen, T.K., Tully, O., Zengin, M., & Rijnsdorp, A.D. (2016). Estimating seafloor pressure from demersal trawls, seines and dredges based on gear design and dimensions. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 73(suppl 1): i27-i43
- Gabiña G, Basurko OC, Notti E, Sala A, Aldekoa S, Clemente M, Uriondo Z, 2016. Energy efficiency in fishing: Are magnetic devices useful for use in fishing vessels? Applied Thermal Engineering, 94: 670-678.
- Hiddink, J.G., Moranta, J., Balestrini, S., Sciberras, M., Cendrier, M., Bowyer, R. et al. (2016). Bottom trawling affects fish condition through changes in the ratio of prey availability to density of competitors. J. Appl. Ecol., 53, 1500–1510.
- Hornborg, S., Ulmestrand, M., Sköld, M., Jonsson, P., Valentinsson, D., Eigaard, O.R., Feekings, J.P., Nielsen, J.R., Bastardie, F., Lövgren, J. 2016. New policies may call for new approaches: the case of the Swedish Norway lobster (Nephrops norvegicus) fisheries in Kattegat and Skagerrak. ICES J. Mar. Sci.
- Kaiser, M.J., Hilborn, R., Jennings, S., Amaroso, R., Andersen, M., Balliet, K. et al. (2016). Best practices for bottom-trawling in relation to seabed habitats: a prioritisation of knowledge-needs. Fish and Fisheries, 17, 637–663
- Mengual B, Cayocca F, Le Hir P, Draye R, Laffargue P, Vincent B, Garlan T (2016) Influence of bottom trawling on the sediment dynamics in the "Grande-Vasière" area (Bay of Biscay, France). Ocean Dynamics
- Notti E, Brčić E, De Carlo F, Herrmann B, Lucchetti A, Virgili M, Sala A, 2016. Assessment of the Relative Catch Performance of a Surrounding Net without the Purse Line as an Alternative to a Traditional Boat Seine in Small-Scale Fisheries. Marine and Coastal Fisheries: Dynamics, Management, and Ecosystem Science, 8(1): 81-91
- O’Neill F.G. and Summerbell K., 2016. The hydrodynamic drag and the mobilisation of sediment into the water column of towed fishing gear components. Journal of Marine Systems. 164, 76 – 84.
- O’Neill FG, Kynoch RJ, Blackadder L, Fryer RJ, Eryaşar AR, Notti E, Sala A, 2016. The influence of twine tenacity, thickness and bending stiffness on codend selectivity. Fisheries Research, 176: 94-99.
- O'Neill, F.G. and Ivanović, A., 2016. The physical impact of towed demersal fishing gears on soft sediments. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 73 (suppl 1): i5-i14.
- Rijnsdorp, A.D., Bastardie, F. Bolam, S.G., Buhl-Mortensen L., Eigaard O.R., Hamon K.G., Hiddink J.G. Hintzen N.T., Ivanovic A., Kenny A., Laffargue P., Nielsen R.N., O’Neill F.G., Piet G.J., Polet H., Sala A. , Smith C. , van Denderen, P.D. , van Kooten T., Zengin M.A., 2016. Towards a framework for the quantitative assessment of trawling impacts on the sea bed and benthic ecosystem. ICES Journal of Marine Science.
- Sala, A., Herrmann, B., De Carlo, F., Lucchetti, A., Brčić, J., 2016. Effect of codend circumference on the size selection of square-mesh codends in trawl fisheries. PloS ONE, 11: e0160354.
- Sciberras, M., Parker, R., Powell, C., Robertson, C., Krӧger, S., Bolam, S. et al. (2016). Impacts of bottom fishing on the sediment infaunal community and biogeochemistry of cohesive and non-cohesive sediments. Limnol. Oceangr.
- Van Denderen, P.D., Rijnsdorp, A.D. & Kooten, T. (2016). Using marine reserves to manage impact of bottom trawl fisheries requires consideration of benthic food‐web interactions. Ecol. Appl.
- Bastardie, F., Nielsen, J.R., Eigaard, O.R., Fock, H.O., Jonsson, P., Bartolino, V., 2015. Competition for marine space: modelling the Baltic Sea fisheries and effort displacement under spatial restrictions. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 72, 20824–840.
- Batsleer J, Hamon KG, van Overzee HMJ, Rijnsdorp AD, Poos JJ. 2015. High-grading and over-quota discarding in mixed fisheries. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries.
- Brčić J, Herrmann B, De Carlo F, Sala A, 2015. Selective characteristics of a shark-excluding grid device in a Mediterranean trawl. Fisheries Research, 172: 352-360.
- Buhl-Mortensen L, Ellingsen KE, Buhl-Mortensen P, Skaar KL, Gonzalez-Mirelis G. 2015. Trawling disturbance on megabenthos and sediment in the Barents Sea: chronic effects on density, diversity, and composition. ICES Journal of Marine Science.
- Esmaeili M, Ivanović A. Analytical and numerical modelling of non-driven disc on friction material. Comput Geotech (2015)
- Frandsen, R. P., Eigaard, O. R., Poulsen, L. K., Tørring, D., Stage, B., Lisbjerg, D., & Dolmer, P. 2015. Reducing the impact of blue mussel (Mytilus edulis) dredging on the ecosystem in shallow water soft bottom areas. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, 25(2), 162-173
- Johnson, A. F., Gorelli, G., Jenkins, S. R., Hiddink, J. G., & Hinz, H. 2015. Effects of bottom trawling on fish foraging and feeding. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B: Biological Sciences, 282(1799), 20142336.
- Mellibovsky, F., Prat, J., Notti, E., and Sala, A. 2015. Testing otter board hydrodynamic performances in wind tunnel facilities. Ocean Engineering, 104: 52-62
- van Denderen PD, Hintzen NT, van Kooten T, Rijnsdorp AD. 2015. The temporal distribution of bottom trawling and its implication for the impact on the benthic ecosystem. ICES Journal of Marine Science, 72: 952-961
- van Denderen, P.D., Bolam, S.G., Hiddink, J.G., Jennings, S., Kenny, A., Rijnsdorp, A.D. et al. (2015). Similar effects of bottom trawling and natural disturbance on composition and function of benthic communities across habitats. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser., 541, 31–43.
- Bolam, S. G., and J. D. Eggleton. 2014. Macrofaunal production and biological traits: spatial relationships along the UK continental shelf. Journal of Sea Research 88: 47-58
- Brind’Amour A., Laffargue P., Morin J., Vaz S., Fovau, A. and Le Bris H., 2014. Taxonomic sufficiency of epibenthic macro and mega-fauna in scientific bottom trawl surveys. Continental Shelf Research 72 :1-9
- Guillen, J., Macher, C., Merzéréaud, M., Fisas, S. and Guyader, O., 2014. The effect of discards and survival rate on the Maximum Sustainable Yield estimation based on landings or catches maximisation: Application to the nephrops fishery in the Bay of Biscay. Marine Policy, 2014, 50: 207-214.
- Kaykaç, M. H., Zengin, M., Özcan-Akpınar, İ., Tosunoğlu, Z., 2014. Structural characteristics of towed fishing gears used in the Samsun coast (Black Sea). Ege J Fish Aqua Sci 31(2): 87-96. (in Turkish).
- Lambert, G.I., Jennings, S., Kaiser, M.J., Davies, T.W., Hiddink, J.G., 2014. Quantifying recovery rates and resilience of seabed habitats impacted by bottom fishing. Journal of Applied Ecology 51: 1326–1336.
- Van Denderen PD, Hintzen NT, Rijnsdorp AD., Ruardij P, van Kooten T. 2014. Habitat-specific effects of fishing disturbance on benthic species richness in marine soft sediments. Ecosystems.
- van Marlen, B., Wiegerinck, J.A.M., van Os-Koomen, E., van Barneveld, E. (2014) Catch comparison of flatfish pulse trawls and a tickler chain beam trawl. Fisheries Research 151: 57-69
- Brind’Amour A, Dubois SF (2013) Isotopic Diversity Indices: How Sensitive to Food Web Structure? PLoS ONE 8(31): e84198.
- Van Denderen PD, van Kooten T, Rijnsdorp AD (2013) When does fishing lead to more fish? Community consequences of bottom trawl fisheries in demersal food webs. Proceedings of the Royal Society. Series B. 280, 20131883
- D1.1 Report on benthic ecosystem processes and impact of fishing gear
- D2.1 Report of framework for estimation of EU wide fishing pressure on the benthic habitats, including the minutes of WP2 workshop
- D2.2 Peer review paper on definition and parameterisation of impact proxies based on gear and vessel data from Industry surveys
- D3.4 Biological traits as functional indicators to assess and predict (using statistical models) the status of different habitats
- D4.3 Predicting the effect of trawling based on biological traits of organisms and functional correlates of these traits to predict which functions may be disproportionally affected
- D4.5 Quantifying food subsidies to the benthos due to discards
- D5.2 Documented framework to analyze the economic performances of alternative fishing gears
- D6.2 Evaluation of possible management measures
- D7.6 Report on assessing trawling impact in regional seas
- D7.7 Report on options for mitigation fishing impacts in regional seas
- D8.5 Report of Stake holder Workshop
- D8.6 Report of Regional Stakeholder Event
- D8.10 Project webpage for external and internal communication
- D8.11 BENTHIS newsletter 2014
- D8.12 BENTHIS newsletter 2014/15
- D9.13 First Periodic Activity and Management Report
- D9.16 Minutes of the ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem functioning”, 16-19 June 2014, Tromsø, Norway
Workshops and meetings
- Best Trawling Practice Initiative Workshops [17-19 June 2013, Seattle, USA; 24-26 November 2013, Ijmuiden, The Netherlands]
BENTHIS Scientists from CEFAS, Bangor University and Wageningen Marine Research (IMARES) participated in two Workshops organised by the Best Trawling Practice Initiative http://trawlingpractices.wordpress.com/. This initiative has a global scope with partners from the North and South America, Australia and Europe. The aims are (1) to assemble data bases on the extent of trawling, habitats trawled, impacts of trawling on different biota in different habitats and impacts of trawling on ecosystem productivity and services. Once these data are assembled and analysed these data bases will be made public; (2) Analyse the data bases to evaluate the overall extent of trawl impacts on biota, productivity and ecosystem services, to the extent possible by geographic regions; (3) Identify a range of “best practices” for trawling and determine the consequences of adoption of different best practices on biota, sustainable food production, ecosystems and ecosystem services.
- Presentation of BENTHIS to the fishing sector
Scientist from IFREMER have presented the BENTHIS project at several meetings with the fishing sector. The objectives of the project to work on trawling impacts and to test and develop relevant and efficient alternative strategies minimizing benthic impact by close collaboration with fishing industry have created a lot of concern in the fishing sector. A communication strategy was therefore developed, that takes account of the different levels of organisation of French professional fishermen, to inform the fishing sector about the different steps of the project and to get their feedback. We participated in the following meetings in 2013: (1) National French committee (CNPMEM, Paris 17/05/2013, http://www.comite-peches.fr/); (2) Benthic and Demersal species commission (CEBDGG/CNPMEM, Paris,Feb 2013 and Nov.2013); (3) Loire Regional Committee (CRPMEM, Nantes); (4) Aglia association (AGLIA, Lorient, http://www.aglia.org/).
Presentations at (inter-)national conferences
Buhl-Mortensen, L. The state of ecosystem impact of the bottom trawl fisheries in the Barents Sea and adjacent waters’. MSC workshop, April 5th,2016, Oslo, Norway
Hiddink – Presentation meta-analysis mortality and recovery, Trawling Best Practice Workshop, Cartagena, Colombia, 12-16 April 2016.
Hiddink et al. IMCC, Newfoundland, August 2016 – Sea-scape effects of commercial trawling on seabed communities
Hiddink et al. IMEDEA, Mallorca, May, 2016 – Sea-scape effects of commercial trawling on seabed communities
Hiddink et al. June 2016: Visserijpoort, Gebiedsbescherming op de Noordzee: interacties met trawling. Invited presentation to MPs, Ministery, Green NGOs and Fishery organisations.
Hiddink et al. May 2016: Contribution to Fisheries technology workshop @FAIfarms: Sea-scape effects of commercial trawling on seabed communities
Rijnsdorp AD – Presentation BENTHIS, Trawling Best Practice Workshop, Cartagena, Colombia, 12-16 April 2016.
Rijnsdorp AD. Management challenges for bottom trawl fisheries in the North Sea. Forgotten Fish Symposium, organised by the North Sea Foundation and the NVEC, Amsterdam, 23 October 2016.
RobertA.E., S.F. Dubois, H. Le Bris, L. Pinsivy, P. Laffargue (2016) Bottom-trawling effects on benthic ecosystem functioning: case study of the ”Grande Vasière” of the northern Bay of Biscay. Isobay XV symposium , Bilbao - June 23rd 2016.
Kenny, A. “Integrated ecosystem assessment”. Presentation at the Opening Meeting of the COFASP Case Study “Regionally-Integrated and Spatially-Explicit Fisheries and Ecosystem Management” (RISE-FEM) Two full days in Spring 2015.
Rijnsdorp AD & Polet H. Trawling Impact European Seas pulse trawl. Workshop Flemish Banks, Duinkerken, 2 April 2015.
Rijnsdorp AD. Trawling Impact European Seas Overview of main results. Workshop Trawling Best Practice. 15-18 March 2015, Rhode Island, USA.
Rijnsdorp AD, Eigaard O, Hintzen N., Engelhard G. The evolution of bottom trawling impact on demersal fish populations and the benthic ecosystem. ICES Symposium on Oceans Past V. 18-20 May 2015, Tallinn, Estonia.
Rijnsdorp AD. Pulse fishing: scientific research and Research Agenda. What do we know, and what do we not know. Pulse trawl Dialogue Meeting, 2 July 2015, Den Haag, Netherlands.
Degrendele, K., De Mol, L., Roche, M. and Depestele J. (2015). The use of high resolution multibeam surveys in the monitoring of the physical impact of sand extraction and beam trawling. Shallow survey conference. 14-18 September 2015. Plymouth, UK. 1 poster pp.
Depestele, J.; Rochet, M.J.; Dorémus, G.; Laffargue, P.; Stienen, E. (2015). Hungry birds! Are there any leftover discards?, in: Mees, J. et al. (Ed.) (2015). Book of abstracts – VLIZ Young Scientists’ Day. Brugge, Belgium, 20 February 2015. VLIZ Special Publication, 71: pp. 57
Bastardie, F., Nielsen, J.R. How spatial planning constrains cross-border fisheries: the bio-economic DISPLACE evaluation on the Baltic Sea. Oral presentation at the Baltic Maritime Spatial Planning Forum (Baltic MSP Forum), 17-18 June 2014, Riga, Latvia.
Bastardie, F., Nielsen, J.R., Eigaard O.R., Fock O. H., Jonsson, P., Bartolino V. Supporting bio-economic evaluation of spatial planning constraining fishing activities: be quantitative, spatially-explicit, vessel-oriented, stochastic, and dynamically coupled to fish populations. July 7-11, Brisbane, Australia. Edited by Ann L. Shriver. International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET), 2014
Bolam, S. et al., (2014). Determining the impacts of trawling on benthic function in European waters : a biological traits approach. Abstract submitted to the ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem function” Tromsø, Norway from 16-19th June 2014.
Buhl-Mortensen, L. Trawling impact on benthos and sediment in the Barents Sea: use of satellite vessel monitoring and data from Mareano. Twinning Meeting. Tromsø, Norway 20-21 June 2014
Depestele, J., Ana Ivanović, Koen Degrendele, Moosa Esmaeili, Hans Polet, Marc Roche, Keith Summerbell, Lorna Teal, Bart Vanelslander and Finbarr G. O’Neill. (2014). Physical impact of beam trawling revisited: sediment resuspension and disturbance of tickler chain and pulse beam trawling. ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem function”. 16-19 June 2014. Tromsø, Norway.
Depestele, J., Rochet, M.J., Dorémus, G., Laffargue, P. and Stienen, E. “Spatio-temporal patterns in food subsidies provided by discards to scavenging seabirds in the Bay of Biscay” presented at the ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem function” in Tromsø (Norway), 16th - 19th June 2014 [Task 4.4]
Depestele, J.; Degrendele, K.; Polet, H.; Roche, M.; Teal, L.; Vanelslander, B.; Rijnsdorp, A.D. (2014). One plus one is three: trawling differences from multi-beam imagery, in: Mees, J. et al. (Ed.) (2014). Book of abstracts – VLIZ Young Scientists’ Day. Brugge, Belgium, 7 March 2014. VLIZ Special Publication, 67. Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee - Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ): Oostende. xii, 178 pp.
Eigaard OR, Francois Bastardie, Michael Breen, Grete E. Dinesen, Pascal Lafargue, Hans Nilson, Finbarr O’Neil, Hans Polet, Dave Reid, Antonello Sala, Thomas K. Sørensen, Oliver Tully, Mustafa Zengin, Adriaan D. Rijnsdorp. “Estimation of seafloor impact from demersal trawls, seines and dredges based on gear design and dimensions” presented at the ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem function” in Tromsø (Norway), 16th - 19th June 2014 [Task 2.1]
Eigaard OR, Francois Bastardie, Niels Hintzen, Maciej Adamowicj, Rui Catarino, Grete E. Dinesen, Heino Fock, Hans Gerritsen, Manuel M. Gonzalez, Patrik Jonsson, Stefanos Kavadas, Pascal Lafargue, Mathieu Lundy, Genoveva G. Mirelis, Jørgen Hansen, Paulette Posen, Jacopo Pulcinella, Tomasso Russo, Antonello Sala, Chris Smith, Bart Vanelslander, Mustafa Zengin, J. Rasmus Nielsen, Adriaan D. Rijnsdorp. “High-resolution mapping of European fishing pressure on the benthic habitats” presented at the ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem function” in Tromsø (Norway), 16th - 19th June 2014 [Task 2.1]
Kenny A. Trait based analysis. Twinning Meeting. Tromsø, Norway 20-21 June 2014
Lucchetti A, Angelini V, Pari S, Pulcinella J, Russo T, Sala A (2014) Trawl-turtle interaction: a pilot study in the Adriatic sea. Tromsø, Norway from 16-19th June 2014
Mellibovsky F, Notti E, Prat J, Antonello Sala A (2014) Assessment of hydrodynamic performance and impact of otterboards in wind tunnel trials. Tromsø, Norway from 16-19th June 2014
Piet GJ. Indicators for fisheries impact on the benthic ecosystem. Twinning Meeting. Tromsø, Norway 20-21 June 2014
Rijnsdorp AD, van Denderen PD, Bookelaar B, van Kooten T. The effect of bottom trawling on the food and growth of flatfish: a study of body condition in flatfish. 9th International Symposium on the Ecology of Flatfish. Cle Elum, USA, 9-13 November 2014.
Rijnsdorp AD. Assessment of trawling impacts on benthic ecosystems with particular reference to mixed sediment bottom fauna on shelf ecosystems. ICES Symposium “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem functioning” Tromsø, Norway 16-19 June 2014.
Rijnsdorp AD. Electric pulse fishing: what do we know? Common Language Meeting, London, 5 November 2014.
Rijnsdorp AD. Europe: mapping trawling intensities. Workshop Trawling Best Practice. 7-12 September 2014, Bangkok, Thailand..
Sala A, Brčić J, De Carlo F, Virgili M, Lucchetti A, (2014) Alternative fishing gears to boat seine fisheries: a performance and seabed impact perspective. Tromsø, Norway from 16-19th June 2014.
Sala A, Prat J, Mellibovsky F, Notti E (2014) A predictive tool for otterboard design and performances evaluation. OCEANS'14 MTS/IEEE St. John's, Canada, September, 15-18, 2014 (paper)
Sala A, Virgili1 M, Herrmann B, Brčić J, Lucchetti A (2014) An outlook of the sieving selection of striped venus clam (Chamelea gallina) in the Mediterranean hydraulic dredge fisheries. Tromsø, Norway from 16-19th June 2014
Sala A. Technological innovations for reducing the fisheries impact on the ecosystem. Low-Impact and Fuel Efficient (LIFE) Fishing. Twinning Meeting. Tromsø, Norway 20-21 June 2014
Smith C., Kalogeropoulou V., Papadopoulou K.-N. (2014) The impact of trawling on the functional composition of coastal and shelf macrofaunal and megafaunal benthic assemblages in the Eastern Mediterranean. Tromsø, Norway from 16-19th June 2014.
van Denderen, PD, Rijnsdorp AD, van Kooten T. - Additive effects of trawl and natural disturbance on benthic community composition. Twinning Meeting. Tromsø, Norway 20-21 June 2014
Zengin, M, Gümüş, A., Süer, S., Van, A., Özcan Akpınar İ., Dağtekin, M., 2014. Discard trends of bottom trawl fishery along the Samsun Shelf Area of the Turkish Black Sea coast. ICES Symposium, Effects of fishing on benthic fauna, habitat and ecosystem function, June 16-19, 2014, Tromso, Norway. Abstracts Books, 69 p.
Zengin, M., Gümüş, A., Süer, S., Rüzgar, M., Van, A., Özcan Akpınar İ., Tosunoğlu, Z., Kaykaç, M. H., Başçınar, S. N., Uzmanoğlu, M. S., Çelik, T., Osma, R., Sü, U., Karadurmuş, U., 2014. The Fisheries Impact on the Benthic Ecosystem of Samsun Shelf Area in the Turkish Black Sea Coast. FABA International Symposium on Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 25-27 September 2014, Trabzon, Turkey, Abstracts Books, p: 580 (54-55).
Kenny, A. (2013). The importance of seafloor integrity in assessing and managing human activities. Presentation given at 9th SETAC European Special Science Symposium, Brussels.
Mahévas, S. et Bertignac, M. 2013. Dynamique spatio-temporelle des flottilles démersales du golfe de Gascogne pour anticiper l'incidence d'une gestion spatialisée. 11ème forum de l'Association Française d'Halieutique. Bordeaux, France
Mahévas, S., S.Lehuta, M. Bertignac, Y. Vermard and P. Marchel. 2013. Modelling fishermen behaviour is firstly a question of spatial and temporal scale. C:11. ICES Annual Science Conference. Reykjavik, Islande
Pinnegar. J. et al., (2013). Ocean acidification and the possible loss of benthic invertebrates: would commercial fin-fish be affected? Poster presented at ICES ASC, 2013.
Tissière L, S. Mahévas, B. Trouillet, A. Brind'Amour and P. Petitgas. 2013. Gouvernance du golfe de Gascogne : quelle connaissance pour construire des scénarios de gestion et anticiper leurs conséquences sur la pêcherie de sole commune ? ,11ème forum de l'Association Française d'Halieutique. Bordeaux, France.
Contributions to ICES Working Groups
Hiddink, Rijnsdorp - ICES Review group RGFBI and member of ADGFBI – Review and Advice Drafting Groups on Fisheries Benthic Impact. Resulted in advice to DG-ENV: ICES (2016). EU request for guidance on how pressure maps of fishing intensity contribute to an assessment of the state of seabed habitats. ICES Head Quarters Copenhagen.
Hintzen, N. , Bastardie, F. - ICES Working Group on Spatial Fisheries Data (WGSFD, Brest, 17-20 May 2016.
Piet, G.J. – ICES Working Group on the Ecosystem Effects of Fishing (WGECO, Copenhagen, 6-13 April, 2016)
Rijnsdorp, A.D. – ICES Workshop Report of the Workshop on guidance on how pressure maps of fishing intensity contribute to an assessment of the state of seabed habitats (WKFBI), Copenhagen, Denmark, 31 May – 1 June 2016.
Piet, G.J. – ICES Working Group on the Ecosystem Effects of Fishing (WGECO, Copenhagen, 6–13 April 2015)
Rijnsdorp, A.D. – ICES Workshop on guidance for the review of MSFD decision descriptor 6 – seafloor integrity II (WKGMSFDD6-II), Copenhagen, Denmark, 16-19 February 2015
Hintzen, N. , Bastardie, F. - ICES Working Group on Spatial Fisheries Data (WGSFD, Copenhagen 8-12 June 2015
O’Neill, F.G. and Summerbell, K. “Recent Scottish trials on the physical impact of trawl gears” presented at the ICES Fishing Technology and Fish Behaviour (FTFB) working group, 5th – 9th May 2014 [Task 4.3]
Antonello Sala, Ole R. Eigaard, Francois Bastardie, Niels Hintzen, Jacopo Pulcinella, Tomasso Russo, Emilio Notti, Stefano Cataudella, Adriaan D. Rijnsdorp “Relationships among Vessel Characteristics and Gear Specifications” presented at the ICES Fishing Technology and Fish Behaviour (FTFB) working group, 5th – 9th May 2014 [Task 2.1]
- Interview BENTHIS:
Ecological merits of trawling the seabed? - 11 Sep 2013 - NewScientist
- Interview Daniel van Denderen:
Stirring Up Ocean Floor Can Boost Fish Populations - 9 Sep 2013 - Inside Science
- Interview Tobias van Kooten:
Bottom trawling may be good for fish, study suggests - 5 Sep 2013 - CBC News
- A bottom-trawling ban could see fish stocks fall - 6 Sep 2013 - The Conversation
BENTHIS photo archive. Part of the Wageningen Marine Research Image Collections
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings